02 March 2017

Traditional Hymn: O BREAD OF HEAVEN

+
Holy God,
Holy and Mighty,
Holy and Immortal,
Have mercy upon us.



Holy Mass in the Cathedral of the Most Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 
City of Westminster, England, 18 September 2010


O Bread of Heaven
Words: St Alphonsus Liguori
Translation: Rev. E. Vaughan C.SS.R.
Music: Tynemouth - H. F. Hemy
Performed by: Westminster Cathedral Choir

O Bread of Heaven, beneath this veil
Thou dost my very God conceal:
My Jesus, dearest treasure, hail!
I love Thee and, adoring, kneel;
Each loving soul by Thee is fed
With Thine own Self in form of Bread.

O food of life, Thou Who dost give
The pledge of immortality;
I live, no 'tis not I that live;
God gives me life, God lives in me:
He feeds my soul, He guides my ways,
And every grief with joy repays.

O Bond of love that dost unite
The servant to his living Lord;
Could I dare live and not requite
Such love - then death were meet reward:
I cannot live unless to prove
Some love for such unmeasured love.

Beloved Lord, in Heaven above
There, Jesus, Thou awaitest me,
To gaze on Thee with endless love;
Yes, thus I hope, thus shall it be:
For how can He deny me Heaven,
Who here on earth Himself hath given?

+