08 February 2016

Esto mihi in Deum protectorem

Quinquagesima
+
  
The Benedictine Nuns of Notre-Dame de l'Annonciation, Le Barroux
Gregorian chant notation from the Liber Usualis (1961), p. 511. 

Be Thou unto me a Goda protector
and a place of refuge– to save me: 
for Thou art my strength and my refuge: 
and for Thy name’s sake Thou wilt lead me, and nourish me.
Ps. In Thee, O Lord, have I hoped, let me never be confounded: 
deliver me in Thy justice, and save me. 

Jesus said to him: Receive thy sight. Thy faith hath made thee whole. 


The following is Telemann's cantata written for the Lutheran Church for Esto Mihi Sunday:


GEORG PHILIPP TELEMANN (1681-1767) 
Cantata "Seele, lerne dich erkennen"
for soprano, recorder, and basso continuo TWV1:1258
1. Air - "Seele, lerne dich erkennen"
2. Recitative - "Ein Vogelchen, dem noch die Glieder zu zart und weich" 
3. Air - "So will ich dich mit Freuden kussen" 
Performed by Ensemble Caprice 
Featuring Monika Mauch 
Directed by Matthias Maute

+