18 December 2015

This Advent reminder is brought to you by ...

THE FOUR LAST THINGS


O My Jesus, 
forgive us our sins, 
save us from the fires of hell, 
lead all souls to Heaven, 
especially those 
in most need 
of Thy Mercy. Amen.



Hayward & Parsons: "A song for commemorating All Souls, set to an old melody that inspired Vaughan Williams' hymn tune 'Be Thou My Vision'.  We had the privilege of performing this song in St. Leonard's Ossuary, Hythe, on 13 Nov 2014, to our largest audience yet: the 4000 dead who inhabit the place. No one knows where they came from." 


O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, we pray thee to set thy Passion, Cross, and Death, between thy Judgement and our souls, now and in the hour of our death. Give Mercy and Grace to the living, Pardon and Rest to the dead, to thy holy Church Peace and Concord, and to us sinners everlasting Life and Glory; who with the Father and the Holy Ghost livest and reignest, one God, now and for ever. Amen.






BLOW YE THE TRUMPET, BLOW

 Blow ye the trumpet, blow,
Sweet is Thy work, my God, my King.
I’ll praise my Maker with all my breath.
O happy is the man who hears.
Why should we start, and fear to die,
With songs and honours sounding loud.
Ah, lovely appearance of death.



'Blow Ye the Trumpet' by Kirke Mechem 
The Festival Singers of Florida Kevin Fenton, director


I am the Resurrection and the Life, saith the Lord;
he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live;
and whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.

I know that my Redeemer liveth,
and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth;
and though this body be destroyed, yet shall I see God;
whom I shall see for myself and mine eyes shall behold,
and not as a stranger.

For none of us liveth to himself,
and no man dieth to himself.
For if we live, we live unto the Lord.
and if we die, we die unto the Lord.
Whether we live, therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord;
even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labours.

The Order for the Burial of the Dead
The Book of Common Prayer, 1979




Go to Jesus
Go to Church
Go to Jesus
Go to Confession
Go to Jesus