06 March 2014

From the Russian Old Believer's Prayer Book

+
O LORD our God, if in anything I have sinned this day, if I have committed any sin in word, deed or thought, forgive me, inasmuch as Thou art good and lovest mankind. Grant me, peaceful and undisturbed sleep. Send me Thy Guardian Angel to protect and preserve me from all evil. For Thou art the Guardian of our souls and bodies, and unto Thee do we send up glory, to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

O ANGEL of Christ, my holy Guardian and protector of my soul and body, forgive me all wherein I have sinned before thee in the present day, and from every wile of the inimical foe deliver me, that I may not anger my God by any sin. But pray for me, thy sinful and unworthy servant, that thou mayest show me to be worthy of the goodness and mercy of the All-Holy Trinity, of the Mother of my God, Jesus Christ, and of all the saints: always, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Evening Prayer, page 33
Old Orthodox Prayer Book
Russian Orthodox Church
of the Nativity of Christ (Old Rite)
Erie, Pennsylvania, 2001
+